The History of Campbell Family Funeral Homes
Andrew Donald Campbell bought out his partner, Mr. McConnell in 1905. Jack Campbell, the son of Andrew Donald Campbell, at the age of 10, lost his father to appendicitis in March 1931. The oldest son, Donald L. Campbell, educated himself in the mortuary field and took over the operation of the company from 1932 - 1942. After Jack graduated from Beaver Falls High School in 1939, he attended the Cleveland College of Embalming where he received his degree in 1940. But it was wartime.
The young funeral director joined the Merchant Marine Academy and became commissioned in the U.S. Navy in 1944. Jack returned from the war in 1946 to operate the family business.
Jack Campbell, expanded his business beginning with Campbell's Chippewa Funeral Home in 1958. In June of 1964, he purchased the J. Orville Scott Funeral Home on 14th Street and Eighth Avenue and moved into the current downtown location. In the late 1960s, Jack Campbell became partners with the Striffler Family.